1) You are allowed to take up space. You are a human.
2) You are allowed to have a voice.
3) You are allowed to leave whenever you feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
4) You deserve more than someone who doesn’t know how to respect you.
5) You are allowed to put your own needs first.
6) You are allowed to love yourself.
I am a woman. I am a practicing attorney. I am the only woman in my office over the age of 35 who doesn’t color her hair. I have some gray, but not a lot yet, and I never seriously considered coloring my hair until this job. I don’t want to: it’s expensive and a pain in the ass to keep up. About a year ago, I was in court, and a female attorney walked in with curly, bobbed, naturally gray hair, and her mere act of publicly displaying her natural hair color seemed not just unusual but defiant. Meanwhile many men in my office and in the courts have gray hair, and I doubt anyone thinks twice about it.